The SK-720 is one of the most advanced and full-featured flybarless controllers available today. It’s a professional grade flight controller, ready for beginners and professionals alike.
But more than just a flybarless system, the SK-720 is a complete 6-degree of freedom inertial flight control system. So what does that mean for you?
For 3D pilots, the SK-720 integrates the yaw and cyclic gyros, giving rock-solid piro maneuvers and tail control that benefit from knowing what the collective stick is doing. Flybarless flight gives you more power with less bogging, and a locked-in control feel that is far superior to traditional flybar flight.
For beginners or those learning 3D, the SK-720’s built-in 3-axis accelerometer means you can set it to self-level, like a coaxial heli. This feature can be turned on full time, dialed down as your skills improve, or set to bail you out at the flick of a switch. Plus, a flybarless heli has greater stability than a heli with a flybar, and with fewer parts, is easier to repair. Small 450 size helis become as stable as 90-size helis. The SK-720 will allow every new pilot’s first R/C helicopter to be flybarless.
For all pilots, the SK720’s built-in flight logging and data-plotting tools let you record and play back your flights in a simulator-like display on your PC (like a black-box recorder). Both the heli’s motion and the stick positions are displayed, letting you learn exactly where you can improve your skills – or why you crashed. The playback software can also be used as a diagnostic tool, warning you of voltage dropouts and high vibration, while marking where in the flight they occurred. The data plotting software’s free version lets you analyze your heli’s vibration spectrum to find the source of mechanical issues, and with a low-cost upgrade, you can also plot and print reports for all the critical health log data for your heli and its radio system.
Helis Big & Small
For pilots flying micro-helis, the SK-720 will greatly simplify and lighten your machine. It also has a special small-heli tail gyro mode to give good holding power even on 250-size helis.
If you fly larger helis, the SK-720 can be used with an optional heavy-duty external power bus that’s good for 25 continuous amps, and helps to isolate vibration from the gyro itself. The bus allows for high voltage servos, low voltage servos, or a combination of both, and includes 16 gauge cabling to connect directly to a 2-cell lipo battery.
And if you fly multicopters, the SK-720 supports quadcopters, tricopters, hexacopters, octocopters, and more.
It even supports tandem-rotor helicopters, to fly scale Chinooks!
The PC setup software has wizards to guide you through setting up your heli in just minutes – making it easier to set up an SK-720 machine than a heli with a traditional flybar!
The setup software or optional SK-LCD terminal lets more advanced users fully tune their heli for max performance. And it’s easy to upgrade the firmware at home so you’ll benefit from any future product improvements with just a click of your mouse.
Also check out our SK-GPS accessory for precise position hold, auto-rescue, and flight logging, as well as abilities entirely new to the hobby.
- Pinpoint gyro sensors
- Anodized CNC case
- Upgraded accelerometers
- All high-speed capable servo bus outputs
- Native SBus in and out on the servo bus
- I2C serial capable for multicopter control
- More capable SD card bus
- Easy set up for first-time users
- Supports many input options: Spektrum/JR remote (satellite) receivers (DSM2 and DSMX), Futaba S-Bus, JR DMSS, JR xBus, UDI, Futaba PPM, Jeti PPM, Graupner SUMD, and traditional receivers.
- Supports use as a 9-channel receiver core when used with Spektrum remote (satellite), Futaba S-Bus, JR DMSS, SUMD, or PPM receivers
- Compatible with the SK-GPS module, adding position and alititude hold, a multi-mode rescue system and return to home functionality.
- Free vibration-analysis software lets you find mechanical problems with your heli.
- Low-cost Data Plotter software upgrade lets you plot and print reports for all the critical health log data for your heli and its radio system.
- Works with Digital or Analog swash servos
- Suitable for 120, 135/140, and 90 degree eCCPM, as well as mCCPM swashplates
- Works with 2,3,4, or 5 blades, with phase trim adjustable to +-90°
- Swash Ring anti-binding algorithm
- Internal swash mixing, for accurate control
- 38 x 30 x 14 mm, 24 grams
- 8.5 volt capable
- 3-axis accelerometer + 3 gyros, allowing self-leveling
- High-power 32 bit processor (for future upgradeability)
- Up to 10 servos (one tail servo, 4 digital swash servos, Throttle, and 4 Aux channels)
- Port for a remote indicator LED , which you can mount outside of the canopy
- Data logging of vibration level, RPM, servo bus voltage, control positions, and error states
- Built in micro-SD card (2 GB flight-data logging)
- Built in USB mass storage device – Connect the unit to your computer without having to install drivers
- Flight data logs can be played back on your PC with analysis of tuning and heli health (software compatible with Windows 2000 and newer)
- Compatible with the Skookum SK-LCD terminal
- Existing Skookum Robotics flybarless system setup files can be easily up-converted for the new unit
Este producto fue introducido en nuestro catálogo el viernes 20 marzo, 2015.